Elan Polo- Purchasing and Account Associate
As part of the sourcing and process management team, the P&A specialist’s primary focus is to act as the bridge between accounts’ needs and Elan Polo’s organizational goals. As process owners they are responsible for guiding goods from global suppliers to the end consumer. They should engage in reporting and analysis to develop ideas, pay close attention to detail, be proactive and take ownership of their function, and take pride in solving problems.
· Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience
· Some Excel, PLM system, MicroStrategy, or similar reporting software skills preferred
· Inclined to work in cross-functional teams to understand problems and find creative solutions
· Strong critical thinking skills, process oriented, close attention to detail, and tolerance for ambiguity
· Desire to use data to draw and present conclusions
· Evidence of an entrepreneurial spirit, leadership, and motivation to “do more”
· Clear written and verbal communication skills a necessity
· Price and item set-ups in Excel for RFPs and in Elan Polo’s systems after final line selection
· Engage with colleagues and customers to complete quote sheets, spec sheets, IFIs, etc.
· Receive POs and enter into AS400, ensuring accuracy and correct data field population
· Receive/send/track artwork, packaging and other customer requirements until finalized
· Communicate daily with overseas personnel and suppliers to set needs and solve problems
· Manage the order process utilizing PLM principles, critical paths, and reporting
· Work closely with sales representatives on order status and any problems that arise
· Work with the traffic department to ensure timely receipt of goods and outbound shipping
· Work with accounts receivable department to minimize and collect customer chargebacks
· Engage in post-hoc reporting and analysis to understand process performance
Reporting and Analytics
· Understand and contribute to product forecasting, buys, inventory management, and ATS reporting
· Learn to use Microstrategy, Power BI, Excel pivots, or other tools to build shipping, inventory, and EP sales reports to engage in analytics of business outcomes
· Coordinate/track samples with development and sales teams, create shipping forms, and send confirmation samples to customers as needed.
· Communicate issues/improvements with overseas, leveraging feedback from sales, QC, and product teams
For consideration, send your resume to Jen Killoren at email@example.com or Laurie Koberman at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your area of interest.
Elan Polo actively seeks undergraduate students interested in gaining particular knowledge within the following areas: footwear design, product development, fashion merchandising, sales, production sourcing, or quality control. Our 12 week internship program exposes candidates to the operation of an international footwear company while providing project-based work suitable for most university curriculum.
For consideration, send your resume to email@example.com and indicate your area of interest.